Where I've been in sin; Where I may go in Christ

Where I've been in sin; Where I may go in Christ

Saturday, January 22, 2011

flying a kite

I know that I haven't written in awhile. There has been so much going on and I don't know how to sort it all out. There is so much even going through my head right now that I don't know where to start. So for now I will just tell a story that was told to me just a couple of days ago...

There was a boy who very badly wanted to fly his kite. But when he told his grandma, she said that he should wait because there was no wind. He was so excited that he went out anyway. Grandma watched through the window as he ran back and forth over and over again trying to get his kite to fly. When he finally wore himself out, he came in exhausted and a little disappointed. He could do everything in his power to get that kite to fly, but He can't do anything until God provides the wind.

I don't know who to give credit for this story. I don't even remember the name of the person who told me. I do know that God using that person to communicate this point too me, because right away I knew that that boy is me. I am open to anything and I am trying to look for God's will. Instead of waiting for doors to open I feel I have been trying to push some open. I truly feel this sense that this life can end at any moment and I will be standing before a Holy God who will take an account for what He has given me. What I need to be concerned with is how faithful I am right now with what God has already put in front of me.

1 comment: